If there’s a cocktail that perfectly captures the spirit of summer, it’s Sangria. And if there’s a wine that makes the perfect Sangria, it’s our 1000 Stories bourbon barrel-aged Gold Rush Red. No matter where you’re enjoying this cocktail, this classic is sure to please. A simple recipe to batch out, this is the perfect prep-and-share cocktail for your summer kickback. Fill with the vibrant fruit of your choosing to make it your own, or try out this classic recipe below.
- 2 bottles of 1000 Stories bourbon barrel-Aged Gold Rush Red
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 2 oranges, one juiced and one diced
- 1 green apple, diced
- 1 pineapple, sliced into chunks
- 1 lemon, diced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- optional sweetener: simple syrup* or maple syrup
- optional bubbles: lemon-lime soda, ginger ale or sparkling water
- Add all the ingredients to a large pitcher. Stir to combine. Taste and add in a few tablespoons of sweetener, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Serve the sangria over ice.
- If desire, top off each glass with a splash of bubbly soda (or sparkling water).